Sphenodon punctatus

kiwi

15 Maj 2005
New Zealand
This reptile is called the 'Tuatara' in New Zealand. It is only found in New Zealand.

It is the only member of an ancient order of reptiles that evolved around 220 million years ago. These reptiles died out everywhere except in New Zealand.

Attachments

• Tuatara.jpg
    Tuatara.jpg
    41.8 KB · Pregleda: 31
Veoma neobicna primitivna zivotinja .:)

Moje licno misljenje (mada ga prvi put vidim), da je to veoma interesantan guster kako po izgledu tako i po ostalim njegovim osobinama. Najzanimljivija mi je osobina, sto je to nocni guster (znaci ne treba UVA/B), koji podnosi veoma niske temperature (za razliku od ostalih njemu slicnih gustera) i sto njegova velicina ne prelazi 60 cm....idelan kucni ljubimac.:)

The tuatara is classified as a reptile, not a lizard. :)

They are one of the slowest growing reptiles and can reach an age of 100+ years.

Tuataras are different from other reptiles as they possess a third eye. Some scientists believe that this third eye is used to absorb ultraviolet rays to manufacture vitamin D.

Tuatara are able to maintain normal activities at temperatures as low as 7 Celcius and tempertatures over 28 Celcius the tuatara will usually die.

The body temperature of tuatara is lower than other reptiles, between 5.2-11.2 Celcius during the day. Most reptiles have body temperatures around 20 Celcius.

Yes , that is not a lizarad...:)

Dobro je sto sam ispravljen iako sam vise zargonski rekao "guster", mada ni u tom slucaju ne ide da se kortisti takav izraz .;)

classification - klsaisfikacija:

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Subphylum: Vertebrata
Class: Reptilia
Order: Rhynchocephalia
Family: Sphenodontidae
Genus: Sphenodon
Species:
Sphenodon punctatus

Tacno je da je ovo veoma neobican reptil i da ima dosta svojih specificnih osobina.

Vise informacija :

link1
link 2